The Glendale Municipal Court has the jurisdiction to hear and determine cases regarding offenses arising under the charter and ordinances of the city.
The Colorado Municipal Court Rules of Procedure govern the procedures in the Municipal Court. These rules can be found in the Colorado Revised Statutes in any library. The city has adopted and enforces the Model Traffic Code for Colorado Municipalities - 2010 Edition.
Click Here for Important Information about Upcoming Court Sessions
Court is held on Thursday afternoons beginning at 1:30 p.m. Court sessions are open to the public.
There is a presiding judge in Glendale Municipal Court as well as a Court Clerk/Court Administrator.
- Presiding Municipal Judge - Christine N. Chauche
- Prosecuting Attorney - Matthew Giacomini
Please contact the court clerk with any questions for the prosecuting attorney.
Violations Handled by the Municipal Court
The Glendale Municipal Court handles the following types of matters:
- Traffic infractions (non-criminal)
- Traffic offenses (criminal punishment available)
- Municipal code ordinance violations
- Parking citations
- Juvenile code violations (defendants 10 to 17 years of age)
Violations of law in the City of Glendale not involving traffic or ordinance violations may be heard in Arapahoe County Court. If you have an Arapahoe County Court matter, please call 303-649-6355.