Requirements and Permits
Construction Site Storm Water Runoff Control
All construction projects disturbing one acre or more, or less than one acre but part of a larger common plan of development, must obtain a storm water permit from the Colorado Department of Public Health (CDPHE). Both CDPHE and Glendale require the construction site to have a Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP). The storm water management plan requirements are the same, with two exceptions: Glendale requires weekly self inspections of the construction site and an alternate SWMP Administrator be named.
City of Glendale Construction Program Requirements
Construction Program Requirements -This document outlines the stormwater requirements for construction activities in the City of Glendale, including, but not limited to plan submittal, permits, and installing control measures.
- Appendix A - GESC Plan Review Checklist - checklist that must be submitted with Grading, Erosion, and Sediment Control (GESC) Plans
- Appendix B - City of Glendale Standard Notes - A copy of the GESC Plan Standard Notes and Details must be included with each set of GESC Plans.This link is for the Standard Notes. For Standard Details, either the SEMSWA Details or the UDFCD Construction Details can be used.
- Appendix C - Developer/Designer's Certification Statement - required on GESC Plans/Report
- Appendix D - Stormwater Permit
- Appendix E - Pre-Con Agenda
- Appendix F - Additional Resources
Sample Self Inspection Form (PDF) - All active construction sites disturbing one acre or more (or that are part of a larger common plan of development) need to conduct and document self inspections once a week. This template inspection form from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) Water Quality Control Division (WQCD) can be used to document the self inspections.
Post Construction Storm Water Runoff Control
Glendale's ordinance also requires construction sites disturbing one acre or more, or less than one acre but part of a larger common plan of development to design, construct, install, and maintain permanent best management practices to control storm water pollution.
City of Glendale Post Construction Requirements
- Appendix A - Pre-submittal Checklist
- Appendix B.1 - Base Design Standards Project Sheets and Checklists
- Appendix B.2 Constrained Sites Standard Project Sheet and Checklists
- Appendix C - Post Construction Plan Checklist
- Appendix D - Drainage Report Layout and Plan Contents
- Appendix E - Final Post Construction Submittals
- Appendix F.1 O&M Plan Required Contents
- Appendix F.2 Maintenance Site Plan Example
- Appendix F.3 Maintenance Agreement
- Appendix G Stormwater Infrastructure Certification